For home improvement and home repair, investing in a grass carpet is a practical and wise idea. It can suit different applications as this is an extremely versatile carpeting option. It can provide attractive lawns or gardens, for balconies or terraces as a carpet, and along spas or swimming pools as an ornament. Essentially, it is suitable for use in any place where the viable of growing grass is less. It can also be a perfect solution if you do not want to go through a load of maintaining synthetic grass. If you are planning on installing a grass carpet in your home, this carpeting option has a number of advantages and some drawbacks that you should go know about.
• To keep it fresh, green and stunning as with the case with a grassy lawn, using artificial grass, you will not be obligatory to water it every once in a while.
• There are less effort and hassle on your side as artificial grass also does not need to be shifted.
• After you have installed artificial grass carpet, it is instantaneous and will be ready to be used immediately.
• For allergies as well as hay fevers, you will be able to get rid of completely. It will be extremely doubtful for adults and kids to have any bad effects of artificial grass like itching.
• Artificial grass carpet does not need ample maintenance.
• Artificial grass carpet is durable and can last longer. Hence, regardless of whether the weather conditions are coarse or not, one can even place it in the outdoor environments.
• It can be walked on even on barefoot with its smooth and soft material.
• Applications can be either for outdoor as well as indoor.
• Since it is durable and needs minimal maintenance, it is a profitable investment to the homeowner.
• Compared to the natural grass, synthetic grass can be ever more hot to step on. The carpet becomes hard to work on due to dehydration and heat exhaustion as an effect of too much heat.
• Some allergen latex, plasticizers, and phthalates are known to be present in artificial grass. If ingested or breath in, the plastics wither and liberate unsafe substances which can have an impact on the lungs, kidneys, reproductive organs, and liver.
• It needs infill like granulated rubber or silicon sand for some synthetic grass. It may contain harmful metals for granulated rubber built from recycled automobile tires.
• Since it may carry some pathogens similar to the natural grass, there are a number of claims that occasional disinfection of synthetic turf is requisite.
• Compared to natural grass, the friction between former generations of synthetic turf and the skin may result in severe burns.
• The biological means to defense off bacteria and fungus present in natural grass, artificial grass does not possess. As an outcome, more regular cleaning is required for residential lawns.